A lifes accumulation

Discussion in 'New Member Intro' started by Len, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Len

Len
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Hey all, I'm Len and my other half is Gretchen, we have a couple of questions. I would like to tell you little about me to help explain my avatar. As a young boy I got really interested in finding GOLD, you know like mining & panning. I think I turned over every rock in the neighborhood & panned all the gutters whenever I found water running. When I got older I found my first metal detector in a junk shop, it was no more than a converted transistor radio that would squeal every time it got close to something metal. It cost me all of $2 and I found almost nothing. As I remember even less than I paid for it but it gave me the bug. In 1965 I joined the Air Force, back then basic pay was well under $100 per month and most of us were broke most of the time. This is when I discovered that buying the old jewelry was way easier than finding it. I bought rings and chains from my broke buddies every other week just before payday. I bought it and stashed it thinking I could sell it when I got discharged to buy a NEW car (HA) even then it would take a lot of old rings to buy any car. Still having the bug I started haunting yard sales, garage sales, tag sales, estate sales and auctions, still stashing what I could. My mother got some my sister got some both my ex-wives got some but I still stashed it away. Now I'm 70 & retired with my 3rd wife of 35 years (it took me 3 times to get it right), we thought it might be fun and profitable to do some selling at a show of some kind BUT searching the internet we have not been able to find a venue that would accommodate what we have. Now my questions, is there such a show that would be open to the public? If so when and where can they be found? We would not be interested in internet sales! We do have a nice motorhome and would love to travel to shows around the USA. Thanks in advance to any and all willing to offer information.

2. SavedbyGrace

SavedbyGrace
    Expand Collapse

Hi Len, Nice to meet you and thanks for responding on my post. Have you and your wife ever thought about doing flea markets? I think that this would be a great option for you to sell in person to the public if you would be willing to set up a booth and it sounds like it would fit in perfectly with you having a motorhome and the ability to travel. I know many cities & states have flea markets. Just a thought! ;) I am sure that someone else will chime in with some more suggestions. Hope this helps.