6 Carat Round (newbie question)

Discussion in 'Lab Grown Diamonds (real diamonds)' started by DiamondHuntrr, Jul 3, 2017.

1. DiamondHuntrr

DiamondHuntrr
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

I've tried to surf through endless information and I feel like my head is spinning. My question is what is the absolutel closest thing (terms of look and appearance) to closely resemble a 6 carat ROUND diamond in E color and VVS1 clarity.

I've searched Charles and Covard for Moissanite and others like Amora Gem. I realize that something like this is $200K plus if a real diamond but figured the experts on here would know where to get the closest that would resemble a real diamond where someone by the naked eye couldn't tell....

Thanks for your help!!

2. diamondangel

diamondangel
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

The problem with going that large is that the double refraction of the material may become very evident. I've not seen an Amora of that size, but I have seen an 11mm Asha, which was stunning.

Soleil likes this.
  3. Soleil

Soleil
    Expand Collapse

I also have been wondering, what about a three carat oval Amora? Will the double refraction be very evident in a three carat oval since I'm guessing the facets will probably be pretty large? I have been hoping an oval three carat will be available within the next few months but I would want it to look as close as possible to a diamond.

#3 Soleil, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. diamondangel

diamondangel
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

I have a 4ct round, and it is not. However, I don't know when the Oval Amoras will be offered again.

Soleil likes this.
  5. Soleil

Soleil
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much diamondangel. I appreciate the information and hope the same will apply to a 3 carat oval when they start producing them.