1.5ct Amora, pendant setting advice please!

Discussion in 'Jewelry Forum' started by ApocalypseMeow, Aug 16, 2017.

1. ApocalypseMeow

ApocalypseMeow
    Expand Collapse

I'm generally an antique jewelry sort of girl. I've got one ring that lives on my left hand 24/7, a ~3.5 ct OEC diamond, bezel set in a Victor Canera graduated French cut setting. Righty has a couple antique rings w/
    ~7mm center diamonds that I swap out.

I had kind of wanted a more modern, cleaner, sturdier set sparkly pendant for awhile. (And I was dying of curiousity to see the new SiC Amora!) Finally saw a lower color that appealed to my taste in a size I felt happy about (H, 7.44mm) and went for it.

I have had problems with what I was thinking was going to be a straightforward simple setting before. (Some bezel set stud earrings I own come to mind...! Four trips to two jewelers and who knows how much $$$ :/)

I don't want it looking like Mickey Mouse ears. I don't want it resting against my chest skin and getting all grubby in 2 seconds flat. I don't want it to be upside down half the time. I think I'd prefer a removable pendant since I have several chains I like and use for other things I swap, but I am not married to that idea.

What sorts of modern, simple/classic pendant settings fit this criteria? And where from? I'm a bit out of the loop for good benches; I'm fine with sterling as well. Under $500 (even under $400!) would be great. I am always attracted to bezels especially with millgrain, but it's not a requirement.

I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone who has worn one for awhile and can tell me what is functional and what flips around and such.