✱✱ My Krupps, Cushion & Round ♥ **PICTURES!!**

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by amora, Feb 2, 2018.

?

Which Amora Gem do you like best?

1. Cushion H&A

8.3%
  2. Krupps/Emerald

58.3%
  3. Round H&A

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. amora

amora
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

IMG_E0903.jpg

Hello fellow Amora lovers!

I'm very excited to announce that I have two more Amora Gems in my possession! I never post on here, but.. quick little history about me- I've owned every single round cut of Amora Gem to date. I started with the first generation Amora Gem, back in 2013 then purchased the Amora Gem Soaring Hearts, Amora Gem Ultra, and of course, the Amora Gem Eternity. So, Ive owned 4 AG's plus the two I just received today, makes 6! I check the BTD website daily for restocks, and I am always buying the newest and latest cut of the AG, I believe in everything Less and the BTD staff are doing- I think its great! I really appreciate Less & the BTD staff for being helpful and always answering my questions!

I'm so excited to announce that I decided to venture out of the round cuts, and try something new, so, I purchased these two:
    2.80ct VS2 Super Ideal Cushion cut (J color)
    1.90ct Internally Flawless Krupps cut (F color)​

Sitting at my kitchen table, with the sun mildly peeking through, I opened the envelope with the cushion cut in it first. My first impression was, "WOW!" I wasn't expecting to see so much fire coming off of this stone, I was always told that only round cuts could give off an extreme amount of "sparkle," so, I couldn't believe how much shine this little stone was giving off even though I wasn't moving it around. The more I played with the cushion, the more I fell in love with the diamond-like facets, and especially that warmth! Although, I honestly still cannot believe its a J-color since it faces up so white. I must say, I really love warm stones! I feel like this stone really captures a classic look, but.. its so modern at the same time. Its so gorgeous, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the sparkle of this stone.

IMG_0955.jpg IMG_0984.jpg IMG_0974.jpg

Next, it was time to open up the envelope enclosing the Krupps cut, my first impression was also "WOW!" but a different kind of "wow!" because, again, I saw something that I wasn't expecting. This little stone looked exactly like an emerald cut diamond! I was completely shocked at how much this beautiful gem looked like an emerald cut natural diamond. Both of my aunts have 2ct emerald cut engagement rings, one in a solitaire and one in a halo, and this Amora Gem looks exactly like the emerald cut diamond in their rings.

IMG_0946.jpg IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0957.jpg

Cushion VS. Krupps
    If you're wondering which stone I like better, I honestly can't say. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Both stones have so much beauty, but they're completely different types of beauty.

IMG_E0903.jpg

PROS: The cushion cut is a fireball with tons of depth and it covers all aspects. I like the cushion because its modern, vintage, unique, but yet.. classic and simple, all at the same time! I like the Krupps because its classic, sophisticated, crisp and clean. They're so different from each other, I simply cannot compare the two, I will say that I like them both, equally.

CONS: it was nearly impossible to capture their beauty on camera. Every time I snapped a picture of the stones, the camera wasn't capturing what I was seeing with my eyes. I know a lot of other people on here have the same problem. I tried my best to capture the beautiful flashes and pastels that the two stones give off, but it was just impossible! In order to truly see the beauty of the new Amoras, you have to see them in-real-life.

IMG_0921.jpg IMG_0931.jpg
    All 3 Amora Gems on my hand! A dream come true! ;)

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, let me know which shape you like best!

2. reyesia

reyesia
    Expand Collapse

You are one lucky gal to acquire these beautiful gems! I want to point out that the warmth color of the cushion nicely stands out.

May I inquire of your finger size for reference? Thank you

#2 reyesia, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  3. amora

amora
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

I am quite lucky! Oops, I forgot to mention that my finger size is a 4

4. canary22

canary22
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

All are stunning, thank you for sharing! Also, out of all the versions (Original/Soaring Hearts etc), which one has been your favorite?

5. amora

amora
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

My favorite cut by far is the newest Eternity! I think it looks the most like a natural diamond. Also I feel that the newest cut looks good in every type of lighting, where as I felt the previous cuts were a bit “moody” and looked dull in my living room lighting, or in a room where there were white walls. Another bonus of the newest cut (Eternity) is that it doesn’t attract finger prints like the previous cuts did. My daily ring with the eternity in it only has to be cleaned maybe, once a week? Sometimes even less. I feel that Less/BTD truly perfected the Eternity cut. I feel that no other diamond alternative/moissanite company has a product like the AG Eternity.

I will say that I do love the chunkier facets of the ultra and how the H&A pattern seems like it’s flashing “on” and “off” it’s so mesmerizing when you get into the perfect lighting and see those flashes!

6. ubtlav

ubtlav
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for sharing these with us, they're stunning! Since you said you love the chunkier facets do you think you will be getting the AV Round in the future? It's my favorite cut!
    I have a question for you though, what is your thought on the sharpness of the facets? Less said they've found a way to resolve the polishing issue due to the gem's toughness so they're much sharper now. I'm just wondering how the newest round and these fancy cuts compared to diamonds in term of crispness?

7. blushfiend

blushfiend
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

@ubtlav , are you referring to the AG looking crisp rather than slightly blurry/ flat? If it is the crispness has to do with the diamond's single refractive index versus AG's double refractive index (i.e. the material is such that one beam of light goes in, two beams of light goes out - which is why it looks blurry compared to diamond).On the Amora FAQ thread Less said that their eternity is cut so that it looks like it is singly refractive, face up position (i.e. looking at it directly), although not sure if this extends to other shapes.

I have been looking at other fancy cut moissys, and the crushed ice ovals are the most non-diamond like to me. The blurriness due to the double refractive index makes the crushed ice cut in moissy look very blurry, flat and cloudy. I spoke to a few other moiss vendors and in their opinion the antique cuts probably mimic diamond the best.

ubtlav likes this.
  8. ubtlav

ubtlav
    Expand Collapse

I actually meant the parts where the facets meet. I'm going to try and upload some photos on here to show what I meant. Mind you these are photos from way way back of the 1st generation amora gem I think, and since then I know BTD has been working to fix that problem so the edges are much better now and much less rounded, as I remember Less had said so in one of his replies. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that the problem was because of the toughness of the gem's material so they have trouble polishing it, unlike with diamond which is harder but less tough. From what I've seen of the new Eternity cut and comparison video of diamond vs AG AVR that Jonathan posted, they do come pretty close to the sharpness of diamonds. But then the AG are pretty hard to capture on pictures and videos as everyone keep saying, so maybe those edges look better in real life for all I know. That said, I'm going to get one either way but still curious about this while waiting for my perfect stone to pop up

Attached Files:

#8 ubtlav, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  9. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Ha - great timing Ubtlav. I literally came on now to posts photos of our facet sharpness vs Moissanite (and we'll get a diamond photo shortly).
    Anyway, yes, we were able to master the faceting process earlier, and have diamond sharp facets for all Amoras.

Let me post in a new thread so it stays on topic but anyway, very proud of the sharpness of our faceting vs all other diamond alternatives!

Best regards,
    Less

ubtlav likes this.
  10. alihee

alihee
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

they're absolutely gorgeous! are you able to see the warmth of the J when the cushion is face down? how does it compare with your round amora?