Update on Takara lab diamonds - 1ct - 1.50ct coming...

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,
Just a quick update that we now are seeing rough that will cut to 1ct - 1.50ct size. However, the clarity isn't quite there yet from what we can see in rough form. We will be cutting 1 or 2 this week, as a step to more exactly verify where the rough is at in terms of clarity.
Regardless, it's good progress that the growth process is getting us into larger sizes now.

Just a matter of tweaking it a bit to improve the clarity and very much looking forward to showing off our first 1ct+ Takara Eternitys!

Here's the link to the notification list if you are interested:
Takara Super Ideal Eternity H&A notification list

Best regards,
Less

Will these be offered as a custom order down the line? If you wanted a specific color/clarity/size? I know that option was taken away with the Amora Gem, so I was just curious. Thanks!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Will these be offered as a custom order down the line? If you wanted a specific color/clarity/size? I know that option was taken away with the Amora Gem, so I was just curious. Thanks!
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the question. We don't have enough control over the growth to be able to make specific sizes/clarity, etc. and thus won't be able to offer custom cuts based on things like color/clarity. It's really 'diamond farming' where each crop is what it is, and we then cut those to maximize the AGS-000 result while removing as many imperfections as we can.
You could put in on our notification list with the specs you want and we would contact you if we have a match, but we couldn't go and actively grow a diamond to your specs anymore than a farmer with a greenhouse could grow a tomato to specific specs :) (i..e , not like a bakery where you could order certain frosting/filling, etc. and the bakers can just make it exactly for you).

Our notification list is here though and you could put in a request with your specs and if we have one in a restock that matches, we'll email you right away:
Takara notification list

Hope this info helps!
Less