Rose cut or moonstone?

I'm debating whether to set this massive rose cut moissy or to find a rose cut moonstone. The moissy is pretty white with a very light blue tint (in person it looks like strong blue florescence).
I'm so torn because I love the sparkle and durability of a rose cut moissy, but I love that blue flash of a moonstone.

Do you think this stone looks alright?
View attachment 27713 View attachment 27714

Last edited:

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
that is a gorgeous stone. truly.

i like rose cuts, and i also really like moonstone, so i can understand how you might be torn.

moonstone's softer, though, so i'd lean more towards the Moissanite for an engagement ring.

it would be more complicated, and i'm not entirely sure if it would work to give the right look, but what if you could find - or have cut - a thin slice of moonstone to go under your pear? it looks like it has a flat back, so if you could create the look of a doublet with the rose cut Moissanite on top of a thin slab of moonstone, you might be able to get the best of both worlds.

MissCassie

The Pink Orchid
That is a BEAUTIFUL rose cut moissanite!
Moonstone's are so ethereal and lovely, but they are pretty soft and I'd be worried about having to replace it every few years for a ring that has daily wear.

that is a gorgeous stone. truly.

i like rose cuts, and i also really like moonstone, so i can understand how you might be torn.

moonstone's softer, though, so i'd lean more towards the Moissanite for an engagement ring.

it would be more complicated, and i'm not entirely sure if it would work to give the right look, but what if you could find - or have cut - a thin slice of moonstone to go under your pear? it looks like it has a flat back, so if you could create the look of a doublet with the rose cut Moissanite on top of a thin slab of moonstone, you might be able to get the best of both worlds.
I'm thinking I might just have this one set in a white gold simple setting and get a moonstone band.

That is a BEAUTIFUL rose cut moissanite!
Moonstone's are so ethereal and lovely, but they are pretty soft and I'd be worried about having to replace it every few years for a ring that has daily wear.
Thank you! The facets are smaller than a lot of rose cuts, so it has more of a shimmer to it than the chunky flash of a traditional rose cut.