Need Quote/time frame for a custom ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend's mother is going to let me use her very expensive, giant wedding ring as an engagement ring. I don't know anything about jewelry and i don't have a picture at this time but the ring was just appraised at $36,000 (if my memory serves me right). I know that my girlfriend would like to customize this ring in order to fit her tastes more and i need to know how much it will cost and how long it will take in order to get this custom work done. I know for sure she would like rose gold.

She wants the original diamond to be set in something similar to one of these:

MissCassie

The Pink Orchid
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

Time frames for custom pieces tend to run 6-8 weeks on average, maybe a little less if it's a "stock" setting a jeweler makes frequently.

As for cost, you will need to contact the vendor(s) you are interested in using, and get a quote, because it will vary based on finger size, 14 or 18k gold, side stone selection (white sapphire vs. diamonds), etc.

Good luck! I'm sure many of us would love a picture of the original if you have the time and means to share. :)

My girlfriend's mother is going to let me use her very expensive, giant wedding ring as an engagement ring. I don't know anything about jewelry and i don't have a picture at this time but the ring was just appraised at $36,000 (if my memory serves me right). I know that my girlfriend would like to customize this ring in order to fit her tastes more and i need to know how much it will cost and how long it will take in order to get this custom work done. I know for sure she would like rose gold.

She wants the original diamond to be set in something similar to one of these:
Depends on who you go to! BIJOUX DE LEE (@bdl.nyc) • Instagram photos and videos makes them in 10 days with 2day shipping from NYC in the jewelry district. Comes with an appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies.