My AVC solitaire arrived!!!

Fresh from the mail! A 2ct equivalent AVC moissanite from August Vintage Inc and modified Fina setting from Love Affair Diamond. Been dreaming for this day to come for 6 long years. Please enjoy my photos!

The Gem
The AVC cut is an absolute perfection with the signature bold facets reflecting pastels throughout and the mesmerizing depth seen from any angle. It has a lot more character when compared side by side to my VG diamond. The price of a moissanite can't also be beat as it means that I had the extra to spend on its setting:)

The Setting
I chose a simple solitaire setting to compliment and focus the attention to my gem while keeping it interesting when viewed from the sides (my point of view most times). I discovered Love Affair Diamond from IG and the Fina setting caught my attention with a neat detail where melee diamonds curved all around the stone. The rest of the details followed as ideas came together. My other favourite setting features include, the basket height and the very subtle cathedral arch to reduce the snagging factor.

Ordering and delivery process took under three months and I am excited to admire my own ring in real life instead of the screen :D

Now, does anyone have any ideas how I break the news to my DH on replacing my E-ring? I have expressed my interest on this before he proposed and has gotten hints for the last 5 months..

Attachments

Last edited:
Now, does anyone have any ideas how I break the news to my DH on replacing my E-ring? I have expressed my interest on this before he proposed and has gotten hints for the last 5 months..
Absolutely beautiful! Does this ring look similiar to your e-ring? After 10 years of marriage, I replaced my 1.0 Ct vintage diamond with a 1.5 DEW Moissey but purposely ordered it in the same exact setting as my e-ring. My husband only complimented it once, and I told him “thanks, I just got it cleaned”. He has no idea I am wearing a moissey and my e-ring went into our safety dep box which he will never check. One of these days I’ll tell him.

Absolutely beautiful! Does this ring look similiar to your e-ring? After 10 years of marriage, I replaced my 1.0 Ct vintage diamond with a 1.5 DEW Moissey but purposely ordered it in the same exact setting as my e-ring. My husband only complimented it once, and I told him “thanks, I just got it cleaned”. He has no idea I am wearing a moissey and my e-ring went into our safety dep box which he will never check. One of these days I’ll tell him.
Hi, my e-ring is no where close to this, but what a brilliant idea you had for yours and he actually took notice and you had a close call there!

This is beautiful! Can I ask what color grade this is? Did you order from August Vintage or BTD? I am still confused if those are the same stones.

This is beautiful! Can I ask what color grade this is? Did you order from August Vintage or BTD? I am still confused if those are the same stones.
Hi! I’ve got the K to have the hint of warmth to go with the vintage cut. I purchased this the next day I found out that Jonathan was to offer AVCs in moissanite from his own business. Amora and moissanite are composed of the same material and Jonathan had mentioned to me that there is very little difference between the two. I also went on ahead with AV since I had the impression that BTD isnt offering the e-AVCs warmer than G-H(?) anytime soon and was growing impatient for waiting for another year(s) to pass. Hope this helped you out in your decisions:)