Is this a deal? 2.39 XXX RB, please review specs

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, especially from experts/sellers. I’m purchasing a new engagement ring, the jeweler says he’s selling at cost but my husband reminds me that sales is all about yielding profit while making customers think they’ve gotten the deal of a lifetime... Would you say the following is a true deal? The jeweler owes me and claims to be giving an exceptional deal that I’d never get in any retail setting (B&M or online), so I’m counting on him to be honest. From what I’ve compared it to, I think this can’t be beat. Your thoughts?

2.39 carat round brilliant
GIA graded: G SI2 (eye clean, some twinning wisps, nothing on table, one small black spot on side easy to hide with prong). I have personally seen stone three times, it looks great to me but I’m generally blinded by anything white and sparkly...
Depth : 62.6%
Crown angle : 36
Pavilion angle : 40.8
No florescence
Stone Retail $26,000
Platinum cathedral setting
My final price for ring: $17,000 + tax

How do the cost numbers line up, compared to your experience? Should I keep shopping around or pull the trigger? Is jeweler doing right by me?

Thank you!

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
i'd say that's about average. not a steal by any means.

BlueNile has this 2.30ct H/SI2 diamond for $16,100 (or less if paying by bank wire)
2.30-Carat Round Diamond | Blue Nile | Stock Number LD08098056

if you're willing to go down a bit in colour grade, there's this 2.26ct J/SI1 for $15,797, and it is gorgeous:
2.26-Carat Round Diamond | Blue Nile | Stock Number LD09784339

those are two i found in about a minute's worth of hunting, and from just one source.

figuring 1000 - 1200 for the ring, 15,800 16,000~ish for the diamond, and the price is roughly what your jeweler is saying is at "cost".

...and by "cost" he means normal retail price.

Thank you Dana. Do you have any thoughts on HCA as an elimination tool? You’re right, the J stone you suggested is beautiful but it scores 4.9 which is far outside the recommended <2. The original stone I was looking at scores 3.7, so fares better but still doesn’t make the cut according to the Pricescope powers that be.
Of course in a perfect world we’d all hunt down the perfect stone that offers maximum performance. But is there ever a point of overkill? I’m trying to make a good choice without going so technical that I make myself crazy.

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
personally i do not put any value in calculating the beauty of a stone based on plugging numbers into a formula... for me it is all about the actual appearance. and what looks pretty to me isn't necessarily what looks good on paper.

but, then, all my diamonds of any significant size are all antique. old cuts with quirks. no modern H&A rounds. and most of those were purchased before that "HCA" was a thing.