DB hits record growth with over 2,200 rings listed! So - what are your recommendations for improving the bistro?? :)

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
HI all,
I'm very happy to announce that we've hit a new record of listings on the bistro - over 2,200 rings for the first time ever! Seeing a lot of items from rings, H&A diamond stud earrings, bands, brooches, purses, etc. so very happy to see the continuing growth.

That said - since we are seeing a lot of positive things happening - what are your most pressing criticisms and requests for improvements for the bistro?
Some things we have planned are below, but if you have more ideas, suggestions, complaints, etc. please post below!

Planned:
1 - fix Facebook login so you can just login with FB account if you desire instead of making a new one.
2 - site still loads a bit slow on homepage (not sure why, we are on a fast server) but needs to be faster
3 - larger thumbnails for easier viewing

But what are your suggestions/criticisms, recommendations, etc? :)
Best regards,
Less

HI LESS! You know - I have gotten away from listing here because the photo sizing issue is always frustrating. I wish the photo upload would auto adjust the photo size so that we would not need to. (Like on ebay). I know this has been a frustration for many as I have resized photos for members here so that they could list. Still, since the sizing issue is a concern - I can’t just photo and list from my ipad. If I snap the photo while within the sell your item area - the photo is too large. So I must email the photos to myself so that I can edit them on my Laptop. Forgive me for the long winded post.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
HI LESS! You know - I have gotten away from listing here because the photo sizing issue is always frustrating. I wish the photo upload would auto adjust the photo size so that we would not need to. (Like on ebay). I know this has been a frustration for many as I have resized photos for members here so that they could list. Still, since the sizing issue is a concern - I can’t just photo and list from my ipad. If I snap the photo while within the sell your item area - the photo is too large. So I must email the photos to myself so that I can edit them on my Laptop. Forgive me for the long winded post.
Hi FloweringEarth - this is a fantastic improvement. Thanks for the feedback - we already have all the resizing code from our PicPolish.com work so just need to integrate it with the server. Hopefully about a week and we'll make it live.
Thanks again for the feedback, this is tremendously helpful!
I'll post once it's up and running so everyone can try it out.
Best regards,
Less

Hi FloweringEarth - this is a fantastic improvement. Thanks for the feedback - we already have all the resizing code from our PicPolish.com work so just need to integrate it with the server. Hopefully about a week and we'll make it live.
Thanks again for the feedback, this is tremendously helpful!
I'll post once it's up and running so everyone can try it out.
Best regards,
Less
OH MY GOSH! FANTASTIC! I can’t wait to put my stuff from ebay back over here!!! I will forward this info to a friend that has trouble with it as well. Thanks!!!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
OH MY GOSH! FANTASTIC! I can’t wait to put my stuff from ebay back over here!!! I will forward this info to a friend that has trouble with it as well. Thanks!!!
Hi FloweringEarth - please give it a try.
We've changed it to allow photos up to 12MB per photo and then we'll auto resize down to 1200 pixels max (about 1MB on average).
So that should let people just photo and upload vs before being blocked.
Thanks again for the feedback!
Less