Amora Gem - The FAQ thread

HI Pud,
We'll have a few more 8.1mm Eternity ready later this month (thinking June 21st - 28th or so) but nothing in the immediate next week or two.
Plus, unclear if these would yield IF or not.
I think you also just posted in the Amora forum with some related questions so let me reply there in case the info helps regarding the 2.29 E/IF you mention above.

Best regards,
Less
Thank you Less!

Just got my Amora Gem today! It's beautiful! I can't wait to get it in some good lighting to really see it shine! It's dark by 6pm here, and my house lighting isn't the best. :(

I'm making an appointment with my jeweler to get it set. He stocks C&C Forever One, but had never heard of Amora Gem when I talked to him last year. Anything special he needs to know about setting the AG?

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my Amora Gem today! It's beautiful! I can't wait to get it in some good lighting to really see it shine! It's dark by 6pm here, and my house lighting isn't the best. :(

I'm making an appointment with my jeweler to get it set. He stocks C&C Forever One, but had never heard of Amora Gem when I talked to him last year. Anything special he needs to know about setting the AG?
Hi Paiger8,
Awesome and congrats! What size did you get?
Re: setting - "set it like a sapphire, protect from heat like a diamond" = all your jeweler needs to know!
If he's set Moissanite, then he should be more than able to set the Amora.
Amora is harder than sapphire, and takes heat better than diamond so the above instructions provide ample buffer for any jeweler working with Amora.

Glad you got your Eternity and definitely enjoy seeing it in better lighting tomorrow!
Best regards,
Less

@talk-admin I’m sure this has been asked a million times, but any chance of the custom cut option being available in the near future? I just finalized my CADs with David Klass and I need matching stones for a 3 stone ring. Two 5mm’s and a 7mm center. All in near-colorless. Definitely don’t want colorless, and clarity isn’t all that important either.

Last edited:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
@talk-admin I’m sure this has been asked a million times, but any chance of the custom cut option being available in the near future? I just finalized my CADs with David Klass and I need matching stones for a 3 stone ring. Two 5mm’s and a 7mm center. All in near-colorless. Definitely don’t want colorless, and clarity isn’t all that important either.
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the post!
For 5mm pair - We do have a pair of 5mm uncerted in stock now, but these are going to be E color. That said, in smaller sizes color is not as big a factor as in larger.
It's very rare that we have near colorless in the smaller sizes.
For 7mm - We have another restock coming next week (Nov 12-ish) and may have a couple 7mm in there. But cant' say if it will be colorless or near colorless.
Thus, the custom cutting wouldn't help per se as we don't know the color of the rough, we can only see the color once the Amora is finished.
Anyway, if you want to check next week for the 7mm results then you could decide and possibly go with the 5mm uncerted pair (if not sold) and a 7mm from the restock.
Hope that helps!
Less

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
@talk-admin I am wondering the same thing as Michelle. Is there any chance the custom cut option will be available again in the near future? I am interested in an Oval H&A 3-3.5 carats, D-G, IF-VS2.
Hi Shakira,
We have one coming into inventory shortly as it didn't fit in the customers setting:
3.76ct 10.93mm X 8.16mm X 6.38mm E INTERNALLY FLAWLESS $2352.41 cert 9001941
That should be available on Monday.
Otherwise, we are only focusing on the Eternity rounds going forward.
Hope that helps!
Less

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
@talk-admin I am also interested in custom cutting I am looking to replace a 2ct oval Amora. I lost my ring box and now I have to replace it :(
Hi KBauer921,
Thanks for the post. We are only going to be focusing on the Eternity now for all future production. The custom cutting was too costly to continue with for the Amora.
We could do one in the Phoenix Moissanite for you - cheaper cost and won't be as nice looking, but still lots of sparkle if that's of interest we could do that.
Hope you are doing well,
Less