Search results

1. talk-admin

22k gold question

Hi Megan, I'm personally extremely leery of anything over 14K gold when it's holding a stone. One example - a long time ago, we did a ring for a customer where they insisted the prongs had to be 18K. I gave them the full warning about how it's too soft, etc. we only do 14K for safety, but...
  2. talk-admin

A Takara lab diamond is born... (video)

Hi all, Last night, one of our best yet Takara lab diamonds was born :) This is a quick video of it so you can see how it looks in the rough and what it will become. We are optimistic it might be D color and 1ct+ in size! Takara Lab Diamonds - Super Ideal Hearts and Arrows Rounds Best...
  3. talk-admin

Q - You cut your Takara lab diamonds to AGS-000 specs, but AGS doesn't grade lab diamonds...how do you know it's really AGS-000 cut?

Hi all, Received a really great question from a customer yesterday about our Takara lab diamonds and wanted to post and share it here as well. Their question was: Q - "You cut your Takara lab diamonds to AGS-000 standards, but AGS labs does not currently grade lab diamonds. How do you know...
  4. talk-admin

New page - Facts and FAQ for lab diamonds

Hi all, We've added a new page to the BTD site to cover some of the top questions about lab diamonds in general and also specific to Takara lab diamonds. Example: 1 - Are lab grown diamonds "real" diamonds? 100% Yes! Lab diamonds are chemically, physically and atomically "real" diamond...
  5. talk-admin

Escrow.com services will be integrated into DiamondBistro.com shortly!

Hi all, I'm happy to announce that we will be offering Escrow.com's services directly on the Bistro for those who want to ensure extra security/safety with their transactions! It will be implemented alongside the paypal button on listings and will also feature their 'make offer' feature as well...
  6. talk-admin

Forbes article: Lab diamonds to grow 22% annually vs 2% for mined diamonds

Hi all, Interesting article from Forbes stating that the lab diamond sales will grow at 22% annually vs 2% for mined diamonds...in other words, a lot more demand for lab grown. Forbes link - lab diamonds jewelers new hot rock Of course, we are doing our part to help the lab diamond industry...
  7. talk-admin

Palladium has gone up 50% in price since August, and is now nearly the same price for jewelry as platinum!

Hi FloweringEarth! I did some quick research on this. 1 - For precious metals, cadmium is never (that I am aware of) used as an alloy. 2 - The main reason cadmium shows up anywhere is because it helps metals to flow better when molten...which did however lead me to a surprise that 3 -...
  8. talk-admin

Update on Takara lab diamonds - 1ct - 1.50ct coming...

Awesome - maybe this Summer. We'll get there, just a question of when :) And then you'll be able to see why I can honestly claim these Takara Eternity's are among the most beautiful diamonds in the world :) Less
  9. talk-admin

First 1ct+ Takara rough going into cutting now..

Update - we've now got 4 total new pieces of Takara rough in cutting, all of which we hope will yield 1ct+! More info in the next few weeks :) Less
  10. talk-admin

First 1ct+ Takara rough going into cutting now..

Hi all, Happy to report that we have a 3.55ct piece of rough going into cutting! This should yield a 1ct - 1.25ct Takara Super Ideal H&A (AGS-000). Hoping for E or F color. More info to come shortly as this one is cut and then graded and put out for sale. We are expecting production of...
  11. talk-admin

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the question. We don't have enough control over the growth to be able to make specific sizes/clarity, etc. and thus won't be able to offer custom cuts based on things like color/clarity. It's really 'diamond farming' where each crop is what it is, and we then cut those...
  12. talk-admin

Palladium has gone up 50% in price since August, and is now nearly the same price for jewelry as platinum!

Just to add to this - after a bit of reading, what's apparently driving this is the growth of the auto market in China, as there are now many first time ever car customers with China's expanding middle class. Most gas cars uses palladium for the catalytic converter. Diesel tends to use...
  13. talk-admin

Hi all, For years we have been recommending palladium as a much better alternative to white gold for rings and jewelry, and one that was rarer than platinum (15x rarer to be exact!) but ironically, cheaper. Those days of palladium being a relative bargain are now officially over as palladium...
  14. talk-admin

More growth for Diamondbistro.com - traffic up 202% over the past six months!

Hi all, Very happy to inform you that DiamondBistro.com continues to grow - traffic is up over 202% the past six months. Got this message when I checked the bistro's analytics today: " Great work! You just hit a new record for monthly users." Nice to see since we've kept the bistro up for a...
  15. talk-admin

Amora Eternity stud earrings - nice customer feedback

Just received a really nice review on our Amora Eternity stud earrings: "Gorgeous! I received the ear rings this morning and they are gorgeous! My wife loves them. Thank you for such rapid delivery. I ordered them late in the day yesterday and received them this morning. Amazing service!!"...
  16. talk-admin

quick photo of one from a video review..this one is 8.1mm (2ct size in rough, but will finish smaller):
  17. talk-admin

Hi all, Just a quick update that we now are seeing rough that will cut to 1ct - 1.50ct size. However, the clarity isn't quite there yet from what we can see in rough form. We will be cutting 1 or 2 this week, as a step to more exactly verify where the rough is at in terms of clarity...
  18. talk-admin

"3 Years On"....An Amora Gem customer review we just received

Hi all, Very happy to share this extremely nice review we received today from a customer who purchased, not recently, but 3 years ago :) "3 Years On..." Amora Gem customer review: "My now husband and I purchased a stone from you coming on three years ago now, and I’m still as in love with...
  19. talk-admin

Amora Gem - The FAQ thread

Hi DastardlyGal, Thanks for your feedback! We do have to go with the flow of what customers vote for with their dollars though...and it's Eternity all the way in that respect. And if it helps, while generic rounds are quite common as you note, Super Ideal H&A Eternity cuts' are very uncommon...
  20. talk-admin

Should I be concerned?

Hi RainDog, Overall I don't think you need to be too concerned - to pull a stone, and properly set a replacement (even a CZ, etc) takes a lot more than a few moments and would also assume they had a near match stone wise in CZ to even fit. My guess is the indents are from previous work as you...